Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Horns on Moses?



Exodus 34:29 and 35: "And when Moses came down from the mount Sinai, he held the two tablets of the testimony, and he knew not that his face was horned from the conversation of the Lord." "And they saw that the face of Moses when he came out was horned, but he covered his face again, if at any time he spoke to them." From the Latin Vulgate Bible changed many years after Michaelangelo to no longer having horns but a highly blinding radiance about his face that he had to cover it with a cloth so as not to blind his constituents, at least with horns covered he could still be able to see.How he saw with his face covered I have no idea unless he learned a trick or two from his father-in -law who was a known charlatan whose daughter was a mystic priestess. This had troubled the Jews for a long time as well as the newly formed Constantine Christians. It looked as if their I Am, was a devil sticking horns on those he favored, and the word of God that never changed throughout the time that it finally got written down CHANGED! The cover up was that No it hadn't changed. It had been wrongly translated.


Now the translation goes as follows:

Exodus 34 (New International Version)

29 When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the Testimony in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the LORD.


This Michelangelo statue shows a classic depiction of the bible figure Moses the leader, lawgiver, and historian that lived in the thirteenth and early part of the 12th Century BC. As a baby Moses was found floating down the bank of the Nile in Egypt. After that Moses, as told in the bible, starting off as a mere shepherd who talked directly to god, eventually to become a prophet and separate the red sea for the slaves of exodus of Egypt. One of the most puzzling features of Michelangelo's statue of Moses are the two horns placed on top of his head. What exactly was Michelangelo trying to say by this... that Moses wasn't normal? I think not. Horns in mythology was a sign of wisdom. In Michaelangelo's time it was indeed the sign of the devil. Having knowledge and accent to the Popes original one of fifty Bibles Constantine had produced with his money Of course today Horns equal a sign of the Devil to the superstitious and known in fun at Halloween or Mardi Gra. Kinda adds more excitement of mystery to the party goers.

Moses born of Levite (priestly) parents, Egypt Pharaoh's threat to his life, his concealment and rescue from the river, differs only in setting from the story of the infant Krishna who escaped King Kansa's order that all male babies be slain, by having been hidden and carried by stealth across the river Junma. Or, from the Greek myth in which Zeus evaded his father Cronus' attempt to swallow him as he had his other children lest one grow up to supplant him. Or, of Jesus' narrow escape from Herod's merciless slaughter of the children of Bethlehem.and makes one wonder why John who was also under two years thus meeting Herod's criteria for death did not run and was not killed growing up to become John the Baptist? Ah religion the strange mystery that exists only in the mind of Humans.
One day after reminiscing of all the beautiful things I had observed while looking for interesting things in Nature. and how so many people miss this wonderful experience and in their last years replacing living with preparing to die and wanting to be found worthy when Jesus comes to greet them saying, "Well done my faithful servant . Come follow me". It is really beautiful to absorb and see the wonderful works of our Creator that in the business of our daily life including many who run to the insides of a church, synagogue or Mosque or Temple or Hall, locked in a fantasy depicted by the imagination of mankind never really see or know. Here is a parable of mine. 'There were two people who died and found themselves in a very different heaven than what they had anticipated. People were there from many planets and different Galaxies. One person described all the wonderful things she saw on her planet'. "Well"! The other one answered, "I come from Planet Earth. All I saw was hard work running to and fro working and trying to keep up with the Jon-as-es". "That;s strange"? The first lady answers..."Earth? That is where I, too, come from."

Following is my answer to questions I received from a dear Christian friend, whom I confided telling her I was turning to the Deist religion of reason as Thomas Paine, Jefferson and many of the fathers of our nation. I had come to my present conclusion looking up facts for an Historical manuscript I am writing on The Birth and Evolution of Religion. Prior to examining I was a fairly devout Roman Catholic. Quite often attended Daily Mass.. Seldom missed a first Friday. Taught Catechism First Holy Communion Class at the turn of the century. Led a small Renew prayer group for seven years. The priests deacons and people my friends were of A1 character. But somehow after many of the readings of scripture I just could not say The word of God. That was the start. and then I ran across what Deism believes and found it so refreshingly simple and so profoundly true. The Natural God I have always loved. Their creed is indeed what a loving God would expect of us if we are in a position to do so.





To wit: I
firmly believe in the following Deistic principles and realizations as expressed by Thomas Paine in the AGE OF REASON:

''I believe in one God, and no more; and I hope for happiness beyond this life. I believe in the equality* of man; and I believe that religious duties consist in doing justice, loving mercy, and endeavoring to make our fellow creatures happy. I believe it is only in the CREATION that all our ideas and conceptions of a Word of God can unite. The Creation speaks a universal language, independently of human speech or human language, multiplied and various as they may be. It is an ever existing original, which every man can read. It cannot be forged; it cannot be counterfeited; it cannot be lost; it cannot be altered; it cannot be suppressed. It does not depend upon the will of man whether it shall be published or not; it publishes itself from one end of the earth to the other. It preaches to all nations and to all worlds; and this Word of God reveals to man all that is necessary for man to know of God.''

Further, I respect the right of all people to believe, or not to believe, in God, as they choose and I will never attempt to deny anyone that basic freedom. I will, however, promote Deism to the best of my ability.

To prevent myself from becoming a slave to any idea, opinion, creed, dogma, or philosophy, whether religious or political, I will always keep my mind open to opposing views and honestly examine them using reason as my guide.

As an advocate of the natural religion, Deism, I will foster environmental awareness. Instead of looking upon Nature as something that needs to be "subdued" and "taken dominion over", as the Bible teaches, I will look upon it as something beautiful and fragile that I am a living part of, and that I owe a responsibility to. I will enjoy Nature, and protect it.

I will make every effort to live by the principles of Deism, and to make others aware of this profound and simple creed. I want to do my part in the Deist struggle against superstition and unreasonableness. I recognize that much of the world's suffering and warfare is based on religious bigotry and the best method of stopping it is to promote a natural creed that is equally evident and available to everyone - Deism. I hereby apply for membership in the World Union of Deists.

There are no longer any dues involved with being a member of the World Union of Deists. If you'd like to contribute financially, feel free to do so. If you don't want to, or if you're not able to, you can still be a member. The most important thing is that you let everyone you can know that there really is an alternative to the various "revealed" religions and to atheism. Once enough people are aware of Deism, the grip superstition has on people through "revealed" religion will be broken and society will break free of yet another shackle from the unnatural elite.

*By "equality" we do not mean everyone has the same abilities, we mean everyone should be equal under the law and given the same chances to achieve their goals.



Here is the letter : Answering to a dear friend:

Last year I would have whole heartily agreed with you. For me Jesus was my Lord A God and a perfect man [incapable of sexual love because somehow sex was evil] pure as the love of a parent to their offspring. Now that I have refreshed my reasoning by attempting to write a manuscript on the Historical Evolution of Religion and prior to never really reading all of the Bible. Only the picked out scripture for each sermon and related to fit todays terms during the Homily. The Preacher believed after all how could he not He was devoting his entire life to Jesus. (So my logic told me) And most followers by education do believe in their religion; be they Christian, Muslim, Hebrew, Buddhist, etc. I will try to answer the questions you claim I failed to answer. This is my own reasoning, *******, and I truly respect your belief and am not trying to change what you found works for you and feel comfortable with. I am sure God truly loves you.
Well, I did get one answer to my questions. You neglected to say (or maybe you don't want to) where this leaves you and Catholicism?seems to me that Deism would negate most Catholic teachings. I have known about Deism for years (since I took a course in comparative religion) and
Became interested in T. Jefferson. I have several books about him, one his letters and the other a biography and they both talk about Deism.
However never put much credence in it and must say I still don't. You mentioned that you are getting less email and I think that must be so. I can understand your enthusiasm with your "new" beliefs however I really don't think you ought to try to undermine other people's faith in The Holy Bible. I, for one, still believe that it is the inspired word of our God. I don't really believe that the way to God is thru reason since God's ways and thinking are so much higher than our ways (That latter statement is fully correct, my God Gifted Reason believes that emphatically,******* .; however, Is the God of the Bible ways and thinking Higher than the man who wrote it?: not according to the Bible: to wit: Judges 10 (New International Version) 7 he became angry with them. He sold them into the hands of the Philistines and the Ammonites Exodus 21 (New International Version) 20 "If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, 21 but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property. How can one hope to ever KNOW God thru reason???Very easy It is High Time for all People of Reason, to educate and bring back their Natural God given Reasoning throwing the twisted blocking definition of faith into the light of fresh air. Thus You Will Save our world from needless Hebrew and Christian Islamic, Nuclear war. In which it is claimed and through a twisted definition of Faith still believed enough to kill or die trying to prove the same God ruling the ancient minds of the Middle East who told? His favorites a story through the book revealing His divine Word written for posterity ; each tribe recording a different slant and of coarse favoring each accordingly to his own. Just enough to have kept the Middle East in warring turmoil over 5,000 Years! And has spread to Western thought through Emperor Constantine using Christianity as a constant to save and glue his crumbling Empire with changes making it acceptable to the Roman Gentile Apollo worshiping Mindset. Gods law of circumcision: revoked. God's dietary law: revoked. Gods original hatred of all he created not born a Chosen Jew: revoked because now this God with the mind of a man adopted us (Naming just a few).

The only way to God is thru the Lord Jesus ... What of the people who can't reason for whatever reason? You are freely born with Reason. It is the greatest gift of God. But when it is stifled from explained as mystery faith it plays a constant war in your mind creating a guilt feeling inside of you controlled by the intellectual liars holding the invisible ever growing stronger Mental Chains What becomes of them? Those that are born mentally challenged will be as they are today Treated by caring doctors and parents until one day the men and women who devote their life to Science, which is the real theology of our God finds a cure. Oh, well, this is opening a whole can of worms. Why would God allow his creation to believe and perpetuate his Book if it were not true?? Reminds me of a scripture ... Can't remember what book it is in right now but it makes reference to "people running to and fro and searching and never coming to a knowledge of the Truth." Were you thinking of this scripture :Genesis 11 (New International Version) 5 But the LORD came down to see the city and the tower that the men were building. 6 The LORD said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other." 8 So the LORD scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city. 9 That is why it was called Babel c]">[c] —because there the LORD confused the language of the whole world. From there the LORD scattered them over the face of the whole earth.)

Now your Natural God given Reason should tell you that at that time everyone thought the entire world was the Middle East. You are looking at a mindset over 5,000 years ago and brought forth copied from stories orally passed then finally written by hand and translated in modern languages distributing only one copy per main Church or Temple or Mosque. Copies available to all didn't come about until the 19th Century CE with the invention of the Printing Press able to produce cheaply millions of copies ....

(printing press invented In 1833 in the United States by Richard M. Hoe) allowed millions of copies)

Anyhow, hope your breathing improves. I'm having my own problems here. Just the past few days getting out and about. Have had a sinus infection and acute bronchitis (as well as developing asthma) for the last 3 wks and have been darn sick. The Dr. Wanted me to go into the hosp. But I didn't want to. Who was it that said "getting old isn't for sissies?" ha. You are constantly in my prayers only now I am praying to what I deem as the true Creator our Natural Nature's God.Have you ever read this below and do you accept it? Really???

1 Corinthians 14 As in all the congregations of the saints, 34women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. 35If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.
The word of the Lord
is it wrong for women to be teachers?

No comments:

Post a Comment